Policy and Projects Officer
Salary £36, 000 pro rata 6 months fixed term. Full-time position, Maternity Cover.
Purpose of the job
To support the development and implementation of the strategic and business plans of the Scottish Library and Information Council through the delivery of key projects, programmes and policies.
Job scope and context
Reporting to the CEO, the Policy and Projects Officer will be part of a small flexible team contributing to the development of quality library and information services in Scotland.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Specific duties will include:
- Researching and developing an evidence and knowledge base to support the work of SLIC.
- Supporting members, sectors and stakeholders to develop and participate in projects and programmes which enhance services.
-Supporting quality and evaluation projects for the sector.
- Maintaining and developing effective communication with members and stakeholders.
- Acting as an ambassador for SLIC and library services.
-Providing information and support to the CEO and board.
-Developing projects which reflect and promote good practice and improve effectiveness and efficiency.
-Development of the SLIC website and resources for members and sectors.
-Monitor and horizon scan for opportunities to improve services.
-Line management responsibility for admin and project staff as necessary.
-And other appropriate duties as directed by the CEO.
Skills / Knowledge
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following:
-Good interpersonal, motivational and influencing skills.
-Good communication skills.
-Analytical and research skills.
-A high level of IT and information skills and competencies.
-Energy and enthusiasm.
- A flexible and enquiring approach.
Knowledge and Experience
- Management level experience within the library and information sector.
- A sound appreciation of the role of library and information services across the various sectors.
- Ability to identify and shape new opportunities for partnership working.
- A wide knowledge of current issues and developments in the library and information sectors in Scotland.
- Creativity and innovation in library and information services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from a range of organisations.
- Educated to degree level.
- Awareness of current political landscape.
- General management skills including project management and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
Competencies relevant to the post:
-Commitment to quality.
-Customer Service excellence
To apply please send your CV to Ms Amina Shah, email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 7th November 2014.